Two ways of developing Mobile Apps
A Mobile App Developer can develop apps in two ways – Single Platform (aka Native) and Cross Platform.
Single Platform Mobile Apps are developed using Programming languages & Native SDKs provided by Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM etc for their respective Mobile platforms. Apps developed using these tools provide high performance, better user experience and tight integration with device’s hardware. Since the programming is done differently for iOS, Android, Windows Phone & Blackberry, same source code can not be reused. This results in spending equivalent cost in developing one app for multiple platforms and also requires maintenance to be done separately for each app (a new feature must be implemented in individual code base).
To reduce overall investment in making an app compatible to multiple mobile devices, few Cross Platform technologies have gained popularity that allow you to develop high quality Mobile Apps using HTML5, CSS & JS. The code is written once but app can run on multiple mobile platforms thus saving cost. Some of these technologies transform the web code to native code (Like Appcelerator Titanium) while others continue to run web code but provide integration with native device features using a set of Internal APIs (Like PhoneGap). However, there are some limitations posed by cross platform technologies.
Read about our experience of Cross Platform Mobile Development here.
Mobile App vs Mobile Web vs Hybrid App
Native Mobile Apps are most suitable for apps that are used on a regular basis, used for content creation, have complex workflows or calculations, need to access native functionality or processing such as SMS, GPS, Click to Call, Camera etc and importantly need offline capability i.e. users can use the app without internet connectivity. Native Mobile Apps offer better user experience and a great distribution & marketing platform to you via App stores.
Mobile Web Apps are most suitable for apps that are used for content consumption, don’t have complex workflows or calculations, don’t need to access major native functionality or processing and importantly don’t need offline capability i.e. users can use the app mostly online. Mobile Web Apps are instantly available to users (they are not distributed on App Stores) and content can be updated remotely without needing to publish updated version on App store each time.
Hybrid Mobile Apps are provide best of both of above options. Some part of the App can be kept Native Mobile App while other as Web App (still wrapped inside the Native App).
Steps for Successful Mobile Applications Development:
- Document all features along with wireframes
- Graphically design the screens
- Develop Functional Prototype
- Perform Programming & Quality checks
- Review App builds often and incorporate feedback
- Submit to App Stores along with keywords
- Launch a Marketing Website
- Perform Search Engine Optimization
- Monitor User feedback
- Make the App available on other platforms
Elan provides mobile app development services for all of the above.
Go Mobile with Elan’s Mobile development services
We at Elan are here with out best tech teams for all 4 platforms to help you get your idea converted into a beautiful app or extend your business’s reach by providing you the much needed mobile presence in these times. Be it a mobile application for any of the platforms, we follow a proven strategy in order to accomplish the goal of getting your app ready from scratch. Below are the steps of our process that we’ve perfected over time:
1. Brainstorm: For the first step, we analyze the exact requirements of your app and what features will it require. We document all of them down and decide the scope of work.
2. Design: Next step comes wireframing and designing the color themes and layout of the elements on the mobile screen. This gives you the exact feel of how the end version of the app would look like.
3. Development: Once we put locks on the design of the app, we start writing the code for the application in the respective language or platform.
4. QA/QC: As soon as development completes we start the quality assurance procedures and ensure that you get the best quality software that works seamlessly without any flaws.
5. Deployment: After these 4 rigorous steps are successfully completed, we assist you with the deployment process getting your app published at the appropriate platform so you can start marketing it and monetizing it.
These process comprising of these 5 steps will get you your beautiful mobile app while you can just sit and relax watching your app turn to shape at the completion of every step.
At present, there are approximately the same number of mobile phones in use in the world as there are people. That number is expected to grow a further 40% in the next 5 years. Are you capitalizing on this humongous market? At Elan web and mobile application development company, our team of mobile app developers/Mobile Applications Developer are experienced in variety of mobile apps development. We have expertise in mobile development technologies and have developed high quality mobile apps on major platforms. Our mobile app developers team expertise in Mobile App Development, Mobile Web Development and Mobile application development has created more than 500+ apps that have been rated Top 10.