Whats New with Titanium 3.1 ?
- Appcelerator spent significant amount of time optimizing the core architecture of Titanium, and focusing on object creation, window creation, image usage and other key areas with broad applicability. For these integral pieces:
- iOS apps will run on average 20% faster over our 3.0.0 release.
- Android apps will run on average 36% faster over our 3.0.0 release.
- Appcelerator have also released the ListView component which works considerably faster than the TableView component.
In short one should notice a performance improvement for all of your apps running under 3.1.0.
In this release Appcelerator have also released some new modules. Specifically:
- Newsstand (iOS): Publish a magazine or periodical with Titanium
- NFC (Android): Read NFC (Near-Field Communication) tags from inside Titanium applications.
- Facebook V3 (Android, iOS) API support
Tizen is an open source, standards-based, mobile software platform supported by leading mobile operators and device manufacturers including Samsung and Intel. It is now a full member of the Titanium family, supported in Titanium 3.1.0 Studio and SDK.
Our Blackberry 10 support is now in beta versions. In this beta release Appcelerator believes that there are majority of their core features included to get you started. Some salient features included are Alloy support, MapView, WebView, Database, Localization Support, and much, much more.
To use the BlackBerry beta, you must download a 3.2 version of the Titanium SDK from the continuous integration (CI) server. Note that the 3.2 builds have not received any testing except for the BlackBerry beta. For all other platforms, these builds should be regarded as unstable builds.
If you are looking for mobile app development, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free quote.